Get your skills or experience recognised with The Business School’s Recognition of Prior Learning process
Recognition of prior learning means recognition of competencies currently held, regardless of how, when or where the learning occurred. These competencies may be attained through any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience or general life experience. In order to grant RPL, the assessor must be confident that the student is currently competent against the endorsed industry or enterprise competency standards or outcomes specified in Australian Qualifications Framework accredited courses. The evidence may take a variety of forms and could include certification, references from past employers, testimonials from clients and work samples. The assessor must ensure that the evidence is authentic, valid, reliable, current and sufficient.
The Business School Pty Ltd appreciates the value of workplace and industry experience, and recognises that students will acquire vocational skills and knowledge from a variety of sources other than formal training. These skills are legitimate irrespective of how they were acquired and the RPL process is designed to provide validation of such relevant skills.
How does it work?
- After enrolment with The Business School you will be provided with a log in to a secure online platform where you can upload your RPL evidence. This may include documents, certificates, photos, videos or audio files.
- Your assessor will then assess each piece of evidence and map it to the Performance Criteria, Knowledge and Performance Evidence of each unit.
- Your assessor will be in contact to discuss your evidence and competencies. The Business School will also be here to assist you throughout the whole process so that there is no guesswork and all of the hassle is taken away by us.
- Our solution is as easy as uploading a file, and the only time you spend is gathering your evidence and once you have it you can do it all online.
- The Business School can provide you with gap training if there is any evidence that you may lack on specific units. Gap training has an additional cost of $295 per unit if required.
This information relates to Domestic Students only.
For further information on Recognition of Prior Learning for International Students please see the International Student Handbook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.